[CentOS] Desperate to upgrade from RedHat 9 to CentOS 4.4

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed May 30 12:52:51 UTC 2007

Andy Allen wrote:

> Is this a known problem or bug with the migration process - should I
> give up trying to do this, forget about all my previous email stuff and
> just start again with Evolution 2.0.2?
>
> Any suggestions please?

The nicest way to deal with mail client changes is to find another
machine where you can set up an IMAP server if you don't already have
one.  Then connect your existing client to an account there, make
equivalent folders, and select and drag your old email to them. Then you
can subsequently connect any IMAP aware client to that account and see
the same email without having to worry about versions or storage formats.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com