[CentOS] RE: custom kernel for Centos 5 kickstart?

Guolin Cheng guolin at alexa.com
Wed May 30 23:34:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

 Thanks a lot for your great suggestions.

 I've tried ksdevice options as well. It does work for some cases. But
the main problems. We have tens different network/harddrive
combinations. And so it turns a simple issue into a unmanageable
complex. Originally we use a custom booting kernel plus in-house
sysimager solution to handle it, custom kernel fix the detection
sequence problem and sysimager dumps a few tarball/images to hard
drives.

 If we can find a way to use a custom kernel to replace default
Kickstart kernel+initrd.img. Then we can fix the problem very elegantly.

 Any ideas on hacking Kickstart initrd.img?

--Guolin