[CentOS] Raid5 issues

Tue May 1 17:58:55 UTC 2007
Ruslan Sivak <rsivak at istandfor.com>

So when I couldn't get the raid10 to work, I decided to do raid5.
Everything installed and looked good.  I left it overnight to rebuild
the array, and when I came in this morning, everything was frozen.  Upon
reboot, it said that 2 of the 4 devices for the raid5 array failed.
Luckily, I didn't have any data on it, but how do I know that the same
thing won't happen when I have real data on it?

I kind of feel that the problem might be that I'm using SATA drives, and
they probably tried to self-correct and error and took too long, and the
raid controller assumed that it was a bad drive, and took it out of the
array.  The question is, is there anything I can do about it?

Russ