[CentOS] CentOS 5 - Issues with multimedia

Tue May 1 20:38:10 UTC 2007
first last <prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk>

Well, it seems that the issue is that DMA is not enabled for /dev/hdc
(the CDROM). Trying to enable it fails. Nero Linux discovered it on the
first run and gave me an error message. This drive definitely works
with DMA, as on Ubuntu writing a DVD is done at 6x (average), not 0.5x.

In this same PC, I couldn't install CentOS 4.5 because of DMA not
enabled for the HD (/dev/sda).

Now that I have tested it, DMA does not seem to be enabled on /dev/sda
either. It would explain why the system would crawl while moving stuff
around the disks. (8m11.135s for 4.4G (copied from a to the same disk,
different partition, considering this is a laptop), comes to 8MB/s,
which I think it is slow).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gabriel