[CentOS] Mouting Xen DomU images in Dom0

Thu May 3 00:39:39 UTC 2007
Devraj Mukherjee <devraj at gmail.com>

Hi everyone,

I have a CentOS 5 Domain0 with a CentOS 5 Domain U installed on my
machine, it all works flawlessly. One of the problems I am faced with
is transporting the Domain U image to another machine (not in real
time).

Since the Virtual Machine Manager allows installing the guest
operating system using the CentOS 5 installer, it ends up treating the
partition (in my case an LVM partition) as a physical disk.

To backup my Xen image is xm save the best way of doing it? Or can I
infact mount the partitions created by the Domain U in Domain 0 and
tar.gz them.

Any feedback is welcome.

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)