[CentOS] centos 5 smp kerne vrs centos 4 smp kernel ???l

Fri May 4 04:10:22 UTC 2007
Abba Communications <lists06 at abbacomm.net>

On a Compaq DL360 G1 w/ dual PIII 1.27's I installed Centos 5 minimal and
then a yum update

When I do a "uname -a" I get this

Linux tstsrvr.abbacomm.net 2.6.18-8.1.3.el5 #1 SMP Mon Apr 30 19:55:44 EDT
2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

When I do a rpm -qa | grep kern* I get this

kernel-devel-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5
kernel-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5
kernel-headers-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5

It is interesting that I did have this issue with my first Compaq DL380 load
with slightly faster dual PIII's

Centos 4 always found both processors automatically...

hmmmmm, now... what part of my brains have done fell out my ears that I am
not seeing the obvious solution on this one???

After searching for quite some time, I concluded that the info on this
returned way too much noise...

Thanks in advance...

 - rh

--