[CentOS] kernel update and RAID controller

Sat May 5 09:44:26 UTC 2007
Martin Minka <martin.minka at gmail.com>

Hello,
I have a problem with drivers. I believe it is a general topic for Linux
administrator.
I managed it to install Centos4 with driver disk for my RAID controller.
Unfortunately after "yum update" my kernel is updated and I see some
warnings about missing driver. After restart kernel is stopping with message
"kernel panic".

The server I am installing on is Intel S5000PAL
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s5000pal/ and the
drivers are version 07.15.0209.2007 on
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strT
ypes=all&ProductID=2451&OSFullName=Red+Hat*+Enterprise+Linux+4.0&lang=eng&st
rOSs=129&submit=Go%21

Could somebody give me some advices how to fix this ?
I appreciate any hints and links.

Sincerely,
Martin Minka