[CentOS] Trying to build custom Python 2.4.4 RPM

Sat May 5 21:26:08 UTC 2007
Del Stoliker <dstoliker at alphagraphics.com>

I'm trying to build a custom RPM with a standalone Python 2.4.4 in the /opt
directory to keep it isolated from the stock version of Python in CentOS
4.4. The end goal is to use it in conjunction with yet-to-be-built RPMS of
the current versions of Zope and Plone.

The spec file I've constructed allows me to build a RPM successfully, but
when I try to install the RPM, it complains:

error: Failed dependencies:
        /usr/local/bin/python is needed by python24-2.4.4-0.i386

I'm not sure if this is more of a Python or RPM issue. So, I'm hoping
someone on the list knows enough about both to help me out.

Here is my spec file:

%define optdir /opt/Python-2.4.4

BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-root

Source:
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/%{version}/Python-%{version}.tar.bz2

%description
<SNIPPED>