[CentOS] [OT] External RAID storage / NAS

Fri May 11 19:00:40 UTC 2007
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca>

Hello List,

I need storage for my home network - lots of storage.  It's going to
hold pictures, home movies, music, other bits of data, etc.

I'm looking to start at about 500 GB, but I'd need to eventually grow
that to 1 TB, or more.  I also want something that is quiet, has hot
swappable drives (not necessary, but a plus), is fairly easy to manage,
and
can be directly attached to the network.  Obviously, it has to work with
Linux distros, and support NFS.

I've done some research, and so far the ReadyNAS NV+ looks to be the
best. Is there anything else similar to the ReaddyNAS NV+?

I currently have an Arena Aiby v2 for my small business/home office, but
it's LOUD, cannot be directly attached to the network, big, and uses
PATA
drives.  It's also leased, so instead of buying it out at the end and
moving it to personal use, I
just want to let it go when the lease is up.

All recommendations welcome.

Regards,

Ranbir
--