[CentOS] Badness in i8042_panic_blink at drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: 992

Tue May 15 13:03:30 UTC 2007
Charles Williams <slydder at web.de>

Hey all,

Just wanting to add my 2 cents here. I have a X/OS 4 Dev box running on a P3 550 and 512MB. Started getting this error when I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.9-42.0.10.EL.XOS. added the nmi_watchdog=0 to the grub boot line and all is fine now. A strange side effect seems to be the system load has dropped by 0.5 - 1.0 since the change. may only be noticable on my box because of the older arch but still kinda nice to know.

chuck