[CentOS] yum groupinstall "Development Tools" overkill

Wed May 16 11:27:26 UTC 2007
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Hi,

The subject says it all. I'm currently fiddling with CentOS to become
comfortable with it. Starting from a minimal system (everything
unchecked during install), I wanted to have a reasonable set of build
tools. Roughly the equivalent of Debian's 'apt-get install build-essential'.

I tried yum groupinstall "Development Tools", which resulted in a total
of 108 MB of packages... including the whole load of GNOME libs. Gasp!

Is there any comprehensive list (in some forum or some WiKi) for
everything necessary to build apps from source and/or build source RPMS?

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs
--
Dyslexics have more fnu.