[CentOS] Yum site cache

Thu May 17 16:32:02 UTC 2007
Lorenzo <lorenzo at gmk.it>

Hi all,
since I'm installing several copies of CentOS I was thinking of using
some system to save bandwidth.

I started looking at mrepo, but I noticed that, if I let him sync with
updates and rpmforge repos, I'll end with a _lot_ of unneeded files.
Also I have to modify the various yum repos configuration files for it
to work.

What I would like to achieve is just download the same file only once:
does anyone know if there is something like a "yum proxy-cache" or if it
is possible to instruct squid to caches at least the rpm's and to serve
them regardless of the server (by default yum uses a server list, so it
would be nice to have the system working without having to fiddle too
much with config files)

tia

Lorenzo