[CentOS] CentOS 4 won't boot on test machine [SOLVED]

Wed May 23 23:36:18 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 5/23/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Typo - my bad.  The device map contains this:
>
> (fd0)     /dev/fd0
> (hd0)    /dev/sdd
> (hd1)    /dev/sde
>
> What happened to sda-sdc (i.e., why aren't they in the device map at all)?

On a hunch, I tried hd0 and that works.  I am completely baffled as to
why there was another disk drive in the map, particularly sdd, since
that's the bad one.  I just guessed that, since the CMOS boot order
only specifies one disk drive, maybe that was the "one."

Strange....

--
Mark Hull-Richter
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)