[CentOS] Issues with SNMP

Sat May 26 00:53:42 UTC 2007
Robert Spangler <lazydog at zoominternet.net>

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing the same issues I'm seeing here.  I
have recently upgraded one of my systems from 4.4 to 4.5 and ever since then
I cannot get snmp to work.  I am monitoring the interface traffic.  Please
keep in mind the firewall/router I do the same thing without any issues for 4
interfaces and it is still at 4.4 and doesn't have any issues.

If I try an snmpwalk I get the following;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
snmp $ snmpwalk -v 1 -c <string> localhost system
Timeout: No Response from localhost

snmp $ snmpwalk -v 2c -c <string> localhost system
Timeout: No Response from localhost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

snmpd is up and running according to the system

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
snmp $ service snmpd status
snmpd (pid 7884) is running...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

snmp.conf file hasn't changed since I last changed it in Jan.  I'm stumped as
to why it is not working and don't want to upgrade the router/firewall box,
which is working without any issues,  until this get fixed.  Can someone
point me to what I am missing or point me in the right direction?  Thnx!

Oh, here is the output from uname

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
snmp $ uname -a
Linux <host> 2.6.9-55.EL #1 Wed May 2 13:52:08 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
GNU/Linux
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SNMP version installed;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
snmp $ rpm -qa | grep snmp
net-snmp-libs-5.1.2-11.EL4.10
net-snmp-utils-5.1.2-11.EL4.10
net-snmp-5.1.2-11.EL4.10
net-snmp-libs-5.1.2-11.EL4.10

If there is anything more that you need, I will supply it.  Thnx again.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!