[CentOS] How the Centos 5.0's kickstart initrd.img is build??

Wed May 30 23:44:30 UTC 2007
Guolin Cheng <guolin at alexa.com>

Hi,

 Any one know how the Centos 5 kickstart initrd.img was built? I'll be
very appreciated if any light can be shed on this topic. The basic
problem to be solved here is:  how to build a custom vmlinuz+initrd.img
for Centos 5 kickstart with my own custom built kernel?

 I am not sure mkinitrd is the right tool for this purpose? If do, which
are the modules I should include with '-preload' options? And if there
are any extra files/steps I should include/follow for the initrd.img
file? Not sure how the stage2.img is loaded by kernel after initrd.img
is loaded and run. Please help.

--Guolin