[CentOS] New lists

Tue May 1 01:34:58 UTC 2007
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

On Tuesday, May 01, 2007 9:24 AM +0800 John Summerfield
<debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:

> I don't know how much email I would eliminate by dropping email for
> Centos < C4, but when I move to CentOS 5 I will lose interest in C4 and
> then there will be savings.

How much mail is release-specific? I would guess such threads would be
mostly about installation, so it might be better to split off a -install
list. Traffic about getting drivers to work might also be redirected to
such a list.

Runtime packages should be pretty common among all releases and might as
well be in -users.

You might also consider reading the list with a news reader through gmane
to avoid the download cost.