[CentOS] New lists

Tue May 1 04:11:43 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

John Summerfield wrote:

>>> I totally agree John - as CentOS gets more popular i too have found
>>> myself using 'Mark folder as Read' too often.
>>
>> This is a good thing. I've just left the Fedora Core mailing lists
>> (users & devel) and the traffic didn't bother me at all. It's a great
>
> Not everyone can have such a fine Internet connexion.

There's always gmail if you'd rather have a web interface and not worry
about the bulk of messages you skip.

>> Splitting by version is usually a bad idea. It causes things to split,
>> people post the wrong version information to the wrong lists and it
>> becomes a PITA. Hell, I've noticed enough people whinge and moan about
>> top posting... Imagine that on someone posting a v5 question to a v4
>> list!
>
> I thought it worked very well indeed with Red Hat Linux. I note that Red
> Hat continues with that plan with RHEL.

What happens if the person who knows the answer to a version 3 question
has moved on to version 4?  Or questions about the 90+% of things that
are identical across all unix-like systems?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com