[CentOS] Saving Gnome Sessions in CentOS 5.0 x86

Tue May 1 18:44:13 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 5/1/07, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Since you seem to use it, and find it useful, I'll ask:
>
> Just what is the point of saving sessions?

It means I don't have to reconfigure my desktop every time I log in.
I'm still running CentOS 4, but one of the first things I did was
configure the logout not to ask about saving sessions, just do it.  it
means that when I change how my desktop looks, the new look is saved
so I don't have to do this every time I log in.  I have a single panel
on my screen - it's the top panel, but I have it on the bottom, with
the main menu, workspaces and clock all on the one panel.  I'd hate to
have to go through the pain of re-doing that every time I log in - it
was a fair bit of work.

Thanks.

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)