[CentOS] New lists

Tue May 1 23:57:30 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 5/1/07, John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
>
>> You said I'm not the first to raise the matter. You need to listen and
>> consider the disadvantaged amongst your number.
>
> True. But that number is very small compared to the rest of the
> population. I would (no offense to you) rather sacrifice a few users

If you don't want to cause offence, the don't use pejorative terms.

> who are still using (forced or otherwise) caveman technology to
> connect to the internet than fragment the knowledgebase and require
> folks to join a dozen or so mailing lists. If/when the mailing list
> reaches critical mass and a split is required for sanity, then so be
> it. I don't think we're there yet, and I completely agree with
> Karanbir on this one.

A problem is that the "voters," to some extent are self-selecting.
Those who can't or won't deal with it leave and their opinions, if they
voiced them at all, are forgotten.

This won't be the first list I leave because of the volume of email, but
it's the one I cared about most.

--

Cheers
John