[CentOS] Re: Virtual Machine Manager DNS resolver

Thu May 3 08:18:19 UTC 2007
Jordi Espasa Clofent <sistemes.llistes at intergrid.cat>

> On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 09:28 +0200, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
>>> It does, you can enter the mirror that you want. Say that you have a
>>> local copy of CentOS served by dom0, and dom0 has the IP address
>>> 192.168.1.201 on the network, and the domU address 192.168.1.202. You'd
>>> enter 192.168.1.201/path/to/repo as the "Install media URL".
>> Ok, I know it and indeed I've tried it. But I insist: I've not defined
>> ther domU adress in anywhere (How I can? Where I can?). I supose this is
>> the my main fault.
>
> Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your previous message. It's defined during
> the first step of the installation ("Configure TCP/IP"). At any rate,
> the domU address is not as important, as long as it has networking, but
> you will have to enter the dom0 address as part of the media URL.

Daniel, first of all, thanks for your intensive help!

I just start with XEN management, so I think I don't know many essencial
  points (as the present topic).

I try to explain better:

* The last goal is build a CentOS5-based system with XEN. Up this dom0 I
want to build a lot of domU with CentOS5 also.

In /boot/grub/grub.conf I have the next:
title CentOS (2.6.18-8.1.3.el5xen)
         root (hd1,0)
         kernel /xen.gz-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5
         module /vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5xen ro
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
         module /initrd-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5xen.img

So I boot whith xen-system by default.
This system has a definend IP (192.168.1.33/DHCP) and the httpd service
is running fine.

When I try to install a new virtual machine with Virtual Machine Manager
I get always the same error: HTTP resource doesn't found. Even if I try
to point out with dom0 IP I get the same error again.

I don't understand why. I understand perfectly what you're telling me, but:

¿Where do I define the domU IP?

Is clear the Virtual Machine Manager needs one IP previosly definend in
a place which I unknow.

PD. Note that this is a private message. I do it because I don't want
overload the public list whit this question.

--
Thanks,
Jordi Espasa Clofent