[CentOS] rsync problems on windows - Solved

Thu May 3 14:20:31 UTC 2007
Ruslan Sivak <rsivak at istandfor.com>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Ruslan Sivak wrote:

>>> I just downloaded a current cwrsync and was able to cd into its bin
>>> directory and 'rsync -av . root at centos_box:/tmp/test' without any
>>> problems.  Maybe you have a problem with paths or another copy of
>>> the cygwin.dll somewhere.
>>>
>> I checked for any other versions of cygwin1.dll, and although there
>> were a few, they weren't in the path.  I finally got process monitor
>> and process explorer and saw that for some reason it was using
>> hlcap.dll.  I guess HTTPLook caused yet another problem.  Thanks to
>> everyone that helped.  Does anyone know of a program like httplook
>> for windows that doesn't break everything?
>
> I'm not quite sure what it does (its home page seems to redirect to
> something in Russian), but if you want generic network sniffer, try
> wireshark: http://www.wireshark.org/.

I do have wireshark, but HTTPLook is better in that it captures only
HTTP traffic, which is all I'm interested in.  It organizes it in a nice
timeline of requests and responses and I can see exactly what went on
for each request.

RUss