[CentOS] centos 5 smp kerne vrs centos 4 smp kernel ???l

Fri May 4 04:33:18 UTC 2007
Abba Communications <lists06 at abbacomm.net>

> If you look carefully I think you will find there is NOT a CentOS/RHEL5
> SMP kernel, just one does the whole deal.  There is a -PAE kernel that
> is for more than 4 GB of RAM, but apparently there is no performance
> penalty with using a single kernel for both SMP an uniprocessor systems.
>
> --
> Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
> jay.leafey at mindless.com

Thanks

I was just studying that fact so to speak...

Doing things like

yum whatprovides kernel-smp

Was coming up blank and slapping me up 'longside the head

Soooooo where do I start digging now...

Power on self test shows two processors yet if I

[root at tstsrvr etc]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 11
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) III CPU family      1266MHz
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1263.636
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36
mmx fxsr sse up
bogomips        : 2527.45

I just show one..... hmmmmm