[CentOS] Centos kernel does not boot, redhat does (i2o raid controller problem)

Fri May 4 12:35:06 UTC 2007

Rainer Traut wrote:
> - initial redhat el5 install fails, no adapter found (mayby centos
> install is affected, too, have to set to 'mass storage' to install)
> - redhat's kernel-2.6.18-8.1.1.el5 and kernel-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5 boot with
> i20 enabled
> - centos latest 2.6.18-8.1.3.el5 does not! error messages above
> - setting to 'mass storage' all is fine
>
> Is this really a centos kernel problem (I read in centos kernel
> changelog about special centos changes), or is this for any reason
> because this is actually a redhat system?

I get a perfect binary match in the redhat and the centos kernels, so I
am going to assume this is a site specific issue on your machine not
really related to the centos kernel, unless someone else is also able to
confirm this issue.

- KB