[CentOS] Re: Laptop non-graphic install init 5 to X not Gnome

Fri May 4 17:31:35 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Robert Moskowitz spake the following on 5/2/2007 8:11 PM:
> Well I got my 1st notebook install done.
>
> Since the video card takes 24Mb memory, installer would not go graphical
> (256-24=232).  But I can now boot into character mode.
>
> an init 5 brings up X, but I am in the X environment, and I want to be
> in Gnome.
>
> What file am I to edit and what changes do I make?
>
> thanks.
Did you install Gnome when you set up the lapttop?
You might only need yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and