[CentOS] Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Tue May 8 16:55:25 UTC 2007
Andreas Micklei <andreas.micklei at ivistar.de>

Am Montag, 7. Mai 2007 schrieb Ruslan Sivak:
> I've just installed the system as follows
>
> Raid1 for /boot with 2 spares (200mb)
> raid0 for swap  (1GB)
> raid6 for / (10GB)

NEVER EVER use raid0 for swap if you want reliability. If one drive fails the
virtual memory gets corrupted and the machine will crash horribly (tm).
Besides creating sepearte swap partitions on different physical discs will
give you the same kind of performance, so using striping on a swap parition
is kind useless for gaining performance.

I suggest using raid-1 or raid-6 for swap, so the machine can stay up if one
drive fails.

--
Andreas Micklei
IVISTAR Kommunikationssysteme AG

Handelsregister: Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 75173
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE207795030
Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dirk Elias
Aufsichtsratsvorsitz: Dipl.-Betriebsw. Frank Bindel