[CentOS] CentOS 5 Xen Files Left in /var/lib/xen ..

Wed May 9 11:07:29 UTC 2007
Centos-admin <redhat at mckerrs.net>

Graham Jenkins wrote:
> I have a machine with four guests on it, and it seems to create and
> leave lots of files with names like vmlinuz.LqKA3h and initrd.kolvQu in
> directory /var/lib/xen. The remain there even when all guests are
> gracefully shut down .. and additional ones get created when they are
> next started.
>
> The end result, of course, is that the root file system fills up. So ..
> how can I prevent this from happening?
>
> I've got SELinux disabled and I have Guest files in /XenGuests. I've
> also set XENDOMAINS_SAVE="" in /etc/sysconfig/xendomains
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Graham,

I don't know what those files are, however, this sort of behaviour by
software is quiet common and it is probably for that reason that I
always choose to have a separate /var. I think that most people try and
setup at least a /boot, /var and even /tmp. It's like a 'defacto'
minimum best practice if you like.

As far as a solution goes, you could symlink /var/lib/xen to somewhere
with free disk space or even or even make a new filesystem if you have
some spare disk and plonk /var/lib/xen there.

Cheers.

believed to be clean.