[CentOS] Re: Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Thu May 10 05:42:40 UTC 2007
Ruslan Sivak <rsivak at istandfor.com>

Feizhou wrote:
> Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
>> Hey look at me! I'm top-posting!!! Nanny-nanny-poo-poo
>>
>> Come get me Trolls!
>
> Please do not top post. :)

He was probably hinting at me for top posting.  Unfortunately, sometimes
I write from the blackberry, which only allows top posting.  Take it up
with RIM.

>> SATA drives typically do 60-70MBs, interleaved you
>> should see 120-140MB/s on sequential. Random IO on SATA
>> usually sucks too badly to even talk about...
>
> Eh? It cannot be worse than PATA drives now can it?

Probably not, but is SATA really much worse then SCSI or SAS?  I did
some testing on a dell PE 2950 of 750GB SATA's vs SAS and SCSI drives,
and the SATA drives seem to be faster at least at first glance.  I don't
have good numbers from the  SCSI tests, but at least for sequantial, I'm
getting a better speed off the SATAs.

Russ