[CentOS] CentOS 5 and Broadcom wireless

Thu May 10 14:00:37 UTC 2007
David G. Miller <dave at davenjudy.org>

"Bart Schaefer" <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:

> SoftMAC: Scanning finished
>
> SoftMAC: Queueing Authentication Request to 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee
>
> SoftMAC: Cannot associate without being authenticated, requested authentication
>
> SoftMAC: Already requested authentication, waiting...
>
> SoftMAC: Sent Authentication Request to 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee.
>
> SoftMAC: Open Authentication with 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee failed, error code: 13
>
> bcm43xx: Radio turned off
That was as far as I got several months ago under FC6 when the native
bcm43xx driver came out.  There is (was?) a bugzilla for bcm43xx
problems.  I was able to get it to work only as long as I turned off
authentication at my WAP.

I recently tried bcm43xx with CentOS5 and the system froze during boot.
This was with an x86_64 kernel.  I went back to ndiswrapper which seems
to work.  I had an odd lockup/panic problem that was resolved with the
1.43 version of ndiswrapper.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce