[CentOS] Re: CentOS Install From Scratch on XFS File System

Thu May 10 19:53:15 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Brent L. Bates spake the following on 5/10/2007 12:47 PM:
>      I'm thinking about switching to CentOS 4.4 x86_64 from another RH based
> version.  However, I need to install it from scratch and I need EVERYTHING
> (including /boot & /) on XFS file systems.  Does the default installer allow
> this?  If not, how difficult would it be to make the necessary changes.  I've
> done a lot of Google searching and searching of the CentOS site, but haven't
> found an answer anyplace.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Not supported in the installer. You would have to install, create new
partitions, install xfs and make new initrd's copy everything to new xfs
filesystems, and clean up any problems that crop up.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and