[CentOS] how to create label fo swap space

Wed May 16 18:33:27 UTC 2007
Itay <centos at nospammail.net>

On Thu, 10 May 2007, mcclnx mcc wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 02:50:05 +0800 (CST)
> From: mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw>
> To: centos at centos.org
> Subject: [CentOS] how to create label fo swap space
>
> I just add a partition /dev/sdb3 and use "mkswap
> /dev/sdb3" to make it swap space.  How can I label the
> /dev/sdb3 like "SWAP-sdb3"?
>
> what I want is put on /etc/fstab as entry like:
>
> LABEL=SWAP-sdb2         swap                    swap
> defaults        0 0
>
> LABEL=SWAP-sdb3         swap                    swap
> defaults        0 0

Do you plan to have two swap partitions on the same drive?

As far as I recall this may lead to a reduction in performence.
I admit that I can't dig the actual reference.
Maybe more competent users can comment on that?

The Linux Partition Howto has few sections on setting up swap
space:	http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition/index.html

My 2 cents.

Sincerely,

--