[CentOS] Now I can't shutdown [was: Screen blanks afteral p (Centos 5)]

Sat May 19 19:00:10 UTC 2007
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 17:54 +0300, Itay wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2007, William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> ><snip useless hdrs>

> > On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 21:10 +0300, Itay wrote:
> ><snip stuff addressed in prior reply by me>

> 2 Booted to install
>    + Media check OK
>    + Finished installation w/o noticable problems
>      - This time there were no error messages about i/o problems, bad
>        sectors, etc.
>      - anaconda.log had some warning messages regarding to some missing
>        /etc, /usr, and few libs.  (Similar to 1st installation.)

I have my logs available on the C5 box now. I have no such errors in my
anaconda-ks.cfg log. I can bzip2 all and mail to you privately, if
desired. Then you can do something like "comm -3" against mine and yours
to see what sorts of differences there are. Mine was a full install, but
no extras or rpmforge stuff (yet).

If you want this, send me a post (anti-spam: you'll have to assemble the
real address yourself)

    --CentOS4Bill__ the-usual-at triad DOT rr dot-again --com__

Remove *leading* -- and *trailing __ and replace various obvious things.

> <snip more stuff addressed in a prior response>

HTH
--
Bill