[CentOS] Installing to other than "/" label

Tue May 22 04:00:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 13:48 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> I have a system with Fedora installed on the partition with label "/". Can
> I install CentOS on a new empty partition (/dev/cciss/c0d3p1), or do I need
> to remove the "/" label on the Fedora partition and change Fedora's fstab
> to mount by physical partition? I'd like to keep Fedora as a fall-back OS
> until I have CentOS completely up and working.

I haven't tried this with CentOS, but I know that a second Fedora
install to the same system will result in the new partitions with the
same mount point having a "1" appended to their label. I'd think that
CentOS would work the same way, but can't guarantee it.