[CentOS] pygrub cannot find kernel

Tue May 22 05:50:56 UTC 2007
Daniel de Kok <danieldk at pobox.com>

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 15:48 -0700, Fong Vang wrote:
> pygrub wasn't able to find the kernel so I mounted the image and
> copied out the kernel and ramdisk.  It still didn't work with this
> kernel and ramdisk -- cannot find root device (I added a root= line).
> I had to recreate a new ramdisk using mkinitrd before I could boot
> this system.  For now, this is good enough.  I'll have to go back and
> dig deeper at a later time.

As I said, the problem is not finding the kernel. This workaround works,
because it does not display the GRUB menu, and that is where it fails
with pygrub (it can't get the necessary terminal features to display the
GRUB menu). It fails in code completely unrelated to getting the
kernel/initrd images from the disk image.

-- Daniel