[CentOS] A question about RAID and partitions

Tue May 22 14:10:47 UTC 2007
Miguel Medalha <miguelmedalha at sapo.pt>

> How do you create several RAID devices if you only have 2 drives?
> Is there a way to create virtual RAID sets?  That sounds too scary.

Well, I may be wrong or may be using the wrong terminology, but on several
occasions I did create several RAID 0 an 1 partitions on two disks. I would
create a RAID 0 partition where I needed a boost in performance, a RAID 1
partition where I needed more security. What do you say is wrong with that?
Why is it wrong to create RAID devices, even of different types, with only
two disks? I don't understand what you mean: virtual RAID sets? Of course
they are virtual, but they are made of real disk space, not the entire disks
but adequate parts of the disks.