[CentOS] Simple Install of x86_64 CentOS 5 is failing

Wed May 23 18:54:06 UTC 2007
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On 5/23/07, James Olin Oden <james.oden at gmail.com> wrote:
> It gets all the way through the install, and then when it reboots,
> grub can't find the kernel.  Grub can't find the kernel because the
> kernel was not instaled for some reason?  I looked at the box through
> rescue mode and in /boot there is no kernel.
>
> Any ideas what might have happened?

No idea without some idea about any errors generated during the
install, what kind of x86_64 hardware (cpu, mb, memory, disk type),
and what a simple install is, and if there were any errors listed in
the /root/*log files.