[CentOS] Squid +Yum = apt-cacher?

Thu May 24 14:05:02 UTC 2007
Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com>

I know up2date can be configured to save all RPMs it
installs/upgrades.  Can yum be made to do the same.  If so, have 1
server connect to the mirrors, have it save all the rpms into a
directory, run createrepo every so often to update the directory, and
share out that directory with ftp or http so that your other servers
can download the packages.

Or do like I do, have 1 server that you use for imaging all my servers
and mirror the CentOS repos, then I run Apache and have my local
servers connect to that local repo.  You don't even have to mirror the
entire repo if you don't want.

-matt