[CentOS] Audacity 1.2.6 on CentOS 5

Tue May 29 02:22:30 UTC 2007
Andy Goss <aegoss at vicnet.net.au>

On Saturday 26 May 2007 22:00, centos-request at centos.org wrote:

> Has anyone managed to install Audacity 1.2.6 on CentOS 5.0 x86?

I have the same problem, and have been haunting the DAG Red Hat/Fedora RPM package listings waiting for an RHEL 5 package for Audacity. I could presumably use the FC6 RPM, but I would prefer to stick with RHEL/CentOS.

Another option I am looking at is Sweep, which plays back OK and looks like it does the same kind of thing as Audacity, but I can't make the record work, but then I'm trying to record from a mike. If I can get Krec to work from the mike then I don't need Audacity. All I need is patience and time, both lacking.