[CentOS] wich apc ups?

Tue May 29 19:02:33 UTC 2007
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 02:55:02PM -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 5/29/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Getting a little OT here, but how does one match up the VA ratings of
> >the UPSs (and battery backups) with the power supply wattage ratings?
>
> Watts =  Volts x Amps. I usually use a sliding scale based on # of machines.

Which is correct for DC circuits, but not for AC.  A 1500VA UPS does not
provide 1500Watts of power.  And given the output of UPS's aren't necessarily
perfect sine waves, it gets more complicated.

A typical APC 1500VA UPS has around 860->900Watts of power.

The answer to Mark's question is "check the manufacturers web site" :-)

--

rgds
Stephen