[CentOS] Desperate to upgrade from RedHat 9 to CentOS 4.4

Wed May 30 11:09:16 UTC 2007
Leonel <lnunez at gmail.com>

On 30 May 2007 11:19:56 +0100, Andy Allen <andy.allen at virgin.net> wrote:
> I'm desperately trying to upgrade from RedHat 9 to CentOS 4.4, but the
> one thing that's really causing me problems is migrating from Evolution
> 1.2.2 (bundled with RedHat 9) to 2.0.2 (bundled with CentOS 4.4.
>
> When running Evolution 2.0.2 for the first time, with Evolution 1.2.2
> folders and files in evolution folder in same partition, the automatic
> migration process starts up and seems to run OK, migrating all folders
> up to Sent folder successfully. Then disaster - it terminates fatally
> (error message "..quit unexpectedly..." - no indication of what the
> problem is).
>
> I've even thought about installing Evolution 1.2.2 in CentOS 4.4
> (because it works OK for my purposes!), but there are too many problems
> with this - even though I have the Evolution 1.2.2 rpm, it won't install
> in CentOS because of missing packages. I really want to upgrade my main
> system to CentOS 4.4 for the improvements it offers over RedHat 9, but
> this email thing is a real sticking point at the moment.
>
> Is this a known problem or bug with the migration process - should I
> give up trying to do this, forget about all my previous email stuff and
> just start again with Evolution 2.0.2?
>
> Any suggestions please?
>
> Andy

open your redhat 9  evolution
open your folder
select all messages
now  select  file -  save as

this will export your emails  to that file
send that file to centos with the  new evolution
and  import  that file   to your folder .

now that you are  there   you can test   Mozilla Thunderbird.
to import your mail to Thunderbird  copy the  saved  file  to
.thunderbird/YOURUSER.default/Mail/Local Folders

--
Leonel