[CentOS] Centos DVD image... for NON bittorrent users?

Wed May 30 18:42:42 UTC 2007
Matt Martz <mdmartz at gflug.net>

On Wed, May 30, 2007 2:25 pm, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>     I've got the same concern, i've got bittorrent blocked and can't get
> it. I've been looking over the various mirrors for the dvd iso for centos5
> and haven't found it. If anyone has an http mirror or ftp mirror with the
> complete dvd iso i'd appreciate knowing about it.
>     Thanks.
> Dave.

This is a fairly easy task.  And to help in teaching I will not post the
direct links but some steps to find them:

1) Browse to http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13
Which can be accessed from www.centos.org
2) Look at the column titled "Direct DVD Downloads"...you are only
interested in those that say yes
3) For one that says yes check to make sure it contains the
version/architecture you need.
4) Click on either the http link of ftp link (ftp is probably preferred)
6) Click on 5/
7) Click on dvd-isos
8) Download the iso you need

--