[CentOS] vmware tools in CentOS5 guest?

Wed May 30 18:48:06 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Sean Brown wrote:

> On May 22, 2007, at 11:31 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>

>> Thanks - it works now, but it seems like I have to run vmware-toolbox
>> inside the X session to make it release the mouse at the edge of the
>> window without the ctl-alt keystroke.  I didn't think earlier versions
>> needed that, or started it automatically.  Is something else missing?
>>

> Is the vmware-guest daemon running? You do not need to have the toolbox
> running for it to release the mouse and keyboard.

I tried again with the x86_64 centos5 as both host and guest and have
exactly the same problems.  At startup it complained about
/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libpng12.so.0 which I fixed by symlinking to the
system (32-bit) version.  Then running /vmware-config-tools.pl in the
guest fails to add a 'Monitor' section to xorg.conf, which I add by
hand.  Then an x session has vmware-guestd and vmware-user running but
it won't release the mouse automatically unless I run vmware-toolbox
inside the X session too.  Should I install the any-any patches?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com