[CentOS] [OT] External RAID storage / NAS

Mon May 14 03:24:18 UTC 2007
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 18:39 +0800, Feizhou wrote:
>> Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>>> Hello List,
>>>
>>> I need storage for my home network - lots of storage.  It's going to
>>> hold pictures, home movies, music, other bits of data, etc.
>> You seem to be looking at self hosted solutions. Does it have to be self
>> hosted?
>
> Yes, I'd rather store everything locally.  I don't want to put private
> data on some hosted platform, nor pay a service fee for it.

Oh sorry, I meant the software for providing access to the storage being
self-hosted. I missed that part about it being able to be directly
connected to the network. Nevermind.

> Still - what did you have in mind?

eSATA connected directly to your box. Anyways, you want something that
supports both direct access from Linux and the network? At the same time?