[CentOS] Sort imap e-mail remotely

Patrick Lodder

patrick at nedlinux.nl
Thu Nov 1 07:49:32 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a big e-mail box over at my provider. I receive a lot of e-mail
every day (over 100), which are distributed into different imap-folders
by thunderbird. The problem is that thunderbird must be running
(offcourse) to be able to it's job.
And for thunderbird to run, my (home)computer must be running.

I have a CENTOS 5 server running also. Are there any programs out there
that work via command line or as a daemon, that i can use to sort my
imap e-mail. I've googled a bit, but didn't come up with a
solution(maybe I'm search with the wrong keywords). I found fetchmail &
procmail, but I wasn't able to figure out if they can do it.

Cheers,

Patrick