[CentOS] Time Change

David Thompson thomas at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 1 14:14:02 UTC 2007

"Akemi Yagi" wrote:

>You should update tzdata.  The current version is tzdata-2007h-1.
>Then you can check if the time change is correctly set up by running
>this command:
>
>/usr/sbin/zdump -v CST6CDT | grep 2007

In addition to:

/usr/sbin/zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2007

...which will give you your default timezone.  I remember awhile back there
was much weeping and gnashing of teeth because updates to tzdata _didn't_
update /etc/localtime.  I would hope they would have fixed that by now.  Part
of our configuration engine makes sure that /etc/localtime is up to date with
the appropriate /usr/share/zoneinfo/... file.

Dave Thompson
UW-Madison