[CentOS] Sort imap e-mail remotely

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:31:59 UTC 2007

Flaherty, Patrick wrote:
>> I have a big e-mail box over at my provider. I receive a lot
>> of e-mail every day (over 100), which are distributed into
>> different imap-folders by thunderbird. The problem is that
>> thunderbird must be running
>> (offcourse) to be able to it's job.
>> And for thunderbird to run, my (home)computer must be running.
> I used to use maildrop on the IMAP server I administered. It worked well
> and syntax was easy to follow, but since it involves changing the local
> mail delivery agent at your provider might not be an option.
> http://www.courier-mta.org/maildrop/

Gmail recently added imap.  You might try an account there to see if
their filtering/folders work the way you like.  I'm still using pop with
fetchmail to pull the mail to an imap server that I control so I haven't
really worked with this myself yet but I'll switch to direct imap if it
works well.  You can always forward your other account(s) there.

  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com