[CentOS] anyone using DBMail?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Nov 3 00:36:51 UTC 2007

Florin Andrei wrote:
> I am currently using Cyrus IMAPd, and been using it for a long time,
> the main reason being that I want an IMAP server with nice server-side
> filtering, which Cyrus provides via Sieve. Given that Sieve is
> integrated with Squirrelmail, all is good.

have you tried Dovecot?   it seems a lot simpler and easier to setup and
manage than Cyrus.   I believe it has optional database integration.
Dovecot also supports Sieve, also, although I've never used this,
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve

Dovecot also is bundled with CentOS 4 and later, I dunno about CentOS 3.