[CentOS] Re: mdadm --stop

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Nov 6 22:06:22 UTC 2007

on 11/6/2007 1:08 PM Art Baldini spake the following:
> What version are you using, I do not see that in either version of man
> page for mine.
>
> # rpm -qi mdadm
> Name        : mdadm                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 1.12.0                            Vendor: CentOS
> Release     : 2                             Build Date: Thu 03 May
> 2007 01:30:01 PM EDT

I usually grab the man pages by Google search.
http://linux.die.net/man/8/mdadm
Must be from the most current version which I believe is 2.6.3 or 2.6.4, but I
can't verify that.
But even on my systems I have the following lines;

<quote>
MISC MODE
        Usage: mdadm options ...  devices ...

        MISC mode includes a number of distinct  operations  that  operate  on
        distinct devices.  The operations are: ....

</quote>
Which clearly shows options before devices.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and