[CentOS] status of Centos 5.1?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Nov 8 17:28:12 UTC 2007

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> Does this also mean that the CentOS 5 IA64 port will now be CentOS 5.1
>> IA64 instead?

I am not sure what you mean by CentOS-5 IA64 port being 5.1 ??? All Arch
releases follow the same update / rebuild cycle.

Anyway, once we get the release out - the updates on IA64 will track
i386/x86_64 very closely ( prolly in sync ). This does depend on
hardware availability. At the moment we have 2 cores churning out the
_entire_ IA64 stuff. And we dont really have failover capability. So if
someone has IA64 h/w around that they want to donate, it would be much
welcome.

> I do not think that the IA64 port will be out by December. I am not
> sure if there is a core developer who can work on IA64 fulltime to
> deal with all the headaches that keep showing up. [IA64 seems to be
> the Alpha architecture of today..]

err ? There will be a 5.1 IA64 release within 2 to 3 weeks of
i686/x86_64 going out to the mirrors. We have IA64 availability within
the buildsystem and tracking buildqueues.

I am saying 2 to 3 weeks, just so we get the bandwidth to test this
thing a bit.