[CentOS] backups and md5 all in one while splitting

Ruslan Sivak

rsivak at istandfor.com
Fri Nov 9 17:53:00 UTC 2007

I'm trying to back up our svn repositories, and I found a nice little
backup command line bzip's the backup and creates the md5 hash all in one:

svnadmin dump --deltas /repo |bzip2 |tee dump.bz2 | md5sum >dump.md5

The problem is I need to split the backups, so this doesn't really
work.  Is there perhaps another way of piping things to allow for
splitting of the backups?  Currently I'm doing something like this

svnadmin dump --deltas /repo |bzip2 |split - -b 64m
cat *.bz2* | md5sum >dump.md5

Is there a way to do this all in one step?

Russ