[CentOS] Best laptop for CentOS

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Mon Nov 12 05:19:39 UTC 2007

Count Of Dracula a écrit :
> Wireless
> -------
> Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)
> Works out-of-box including for WPA/EAP networks.
I have an ASUS laptop with this wireless card. I installed the dkms
package for the ipw3945 module, and it somehow works, although with one
minor dysfunction. On bootup, I get an error message about "interface
eth1 not present so its activation will be delayed". That's because the
dkms module installer only attempts to start *after* network device

I wonder how I could possibly solve this annoying situation. Merely
change the order of activation? If so, how do I do this? (I only know
how to switch services on / off in different runlevels using
chkconfig... but how do I change the *order* in which they are launched?)

Niki Kovacs